'Tis the Season to ... Connect!
The end of the year can be an interesting time for coaches.
Regardless of whether you’ve hit your yearly goals or fallen short, it can be tempting to say things like . . .
- It’s the holidays, everyone’s so busy. Guess I’ll get back at it in January.
- There’s nothing I can do to grow my business now.
- It’s too late. I’m going to get through the holidays and then focus on 2023.
And if you buy into this type of thinking, you’re missing a huge opportunity.
Now is the perfect time, perhaps the best time of the year, to return to the foundation of The Prosperous Coach approach and connect with people in heartfelt and genuine ways.
Think about it, this month you will likely . . .
- Receive holiday cards from people near and far who will share unsolicited life updates with you. What a great reason to connect!
- Be in stores, shopping for gifts and needing help, interacting with clerks, store owners, and tablers outside all in the the spirit of giving.
- Attend holiday gatherings, exchange gifts, meet new people and reconnect with old friends.
- Travel. If you’re flying this month, connecting is easy. In the past year, three of my proposals came from connections made on flights. Book that middle seat for double the opportunity!
- Reflect on the year, the people you sat with, the dreams and fears they shared with you.
You can keep your head down and just get through the holidays.
Or you can slow down, make the most of the season, and create an abundance of connections. The opportunities are everywhere.
The only requirement is your willingness to see them and courage to act.
- People you haven’t talked to in years - connect with them now.
- People you’ve been meaning to reach out to - connect with them now.
- People who just posted something interesting on social media, connect with them now.
- People you think are out of your league and are afraid to message, connect with them now.
- People who (insert anything), connect with them now!
I’m filling my clipboard with connections this month and I encourage you to do the same.
Happy connecting coaches and let me know how it goes!
Cheering you on,
P.S. Here's a gift for you! My Connection is Key Handout.
It gives you 5 real connection emails I've sent out plus my behind-the-scenes thinking on each situation and how it played out.
You have full permission to copy and edit the language as you wish!
Click here to grab it from the Resources page.
Newsletter for Coaches - Notes From My Clipboard
Want more articles like this sent to your inbox? Join below!
Unsubscribe at any time. Your info is safe, never sold.